What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to rename folder

tamise17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've arranged my apps into several folders. I now realise that I could give some of the folders a more appropriate name but I can't figure out how I can rename them.
Is it possible and if so how? Many thanks.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need to do is open the folder then touch the bar with the folder name in it until the cursor appears and you can then change the name.

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - :)

Hold down an icon or folder on your home screen until all begin to 'jiggle' - then tap the folder that you want to rename - a box will open w/ an edit bar at the top in which you can alter or change the name of the folder.

OP
T

tamise17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. I've tried it and it works. Cheers.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hello - :)

Hold down an icon or folder on your home screen until all begin to 'jiggle' - then tap the folder that you want to rename - a box will open w/ an edit bar at the top in which you can alter or change the name of the folder.

I sometimes forget my own stupidity, I actually did it the way you describe then posted something completely different........I need to rewire my brain!

The Archangel

Most reactions