What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove shortcut button from screen

judemymum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a tiny icon which can be moved around the screen. It gives access to gestures, favourites, home and device, among other options. How do I remove it? It is grey, square with rounded corners and a pale circle in the centre.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
judemymum said:
I have a tiny icon which can be moved around the screen. It gives access to gestures, favourites, home and device, among other options. How do I remove it? It is grey, square with rounded corners and a pale circle in the centre.

Rather than pressing the physical home button, this tiny icon gives you a virtual home button. If you don't want it, go to settings app, go to general. You should see a similar screen like this one pictured. Notice assistive touch is on. Turn this feature off by going into this setting.

Attachments

• image-1520640839.jpg
    image-1520640839.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36,005

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just reverse the steps as outlined by MatIM above: go to your Settings app and press the General tab. Then, scroll down the right side until you see the "Physical & Motor" line and then press the "AssistiveTouch" tab. When that opens, turn the button to ON and you will see the white dot appear on your screen.

Marilyn

Applehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rather than pressing the physical home button, this tiny icon gives you a virtual home button. If you don't want it, go to settings app, go to general. You should see a similar screen like this one pictured. Notice assistive touch is on. Turn this feature off by going into this setting.

Applehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this info, it was driving me mad, could not remember how I added it!

Most reactions