What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove 'Open with Youtube App'

Man city

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyway of removing this at the top of the page? I want to keep the Youtube app, but sometimes prefer using Youtube via Safari.

It doesn't matter where I press on the bar (even the cross), it just goes to the Youtube app!

I'm on iPad 4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That option is offered via the site. No way to change it on the iPad; and I could not find any setting on the site to do so.

Best you can do is leave some feedback to YouTube to let them know you aren't happy. I'm not sure where you do that for YouTube, but I'm sure there is a link or contact page somewhere.

OP
M

Man city

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I have managed to remove it before, but yesterday my iPad wouldn't load any videos so I tried everything and finally got it working through Jasmine and hat fixed Safari and the official Youtube app, but then this stupid message appeared and won't go away.

Slightly annoying really and I prefer Youtube via Safari on the whole as it just seems to work better.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man city said:
Thanks for the reply.

I have managed to remove it before, but yesterday my iPad wouldn't load any videos so I tried everything and finally got it working through Jasmine and hat fixed Safari and the official Youtube app, but then this stupid message appeared and won't go away.

Slightly annoying really and I prefer Youtube via Safari on the whole as it just seems to work better.

Thenew YouTube app works great, IMO. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Well, the banner certainly looks like it should be dismissible, with that x in teh corner, and the OPEN button suggests that it should only activate when you tap that. I'd blame it on being designed for a desktop, except, of course, it's only on the mobile site.

As I said, send some feed back to YouTube. Might just be a design glitch and they can fix it easy enough.

OP
M

Man city

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't matter where you press on the banner, it just sends you to the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts