What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove drop pins on maps

Pilgrim1936

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought an iPad 2. Experimenting with maps, I dropped a pin in the wrong place and now I cannot delete it. I have read various posts on other sites, but nothing has worked for me so far. Any suggestions, please?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pilgrim1936 said:
I have just bought an iPad 2. Experimenting with maps, I dropped a pin in the wrong place and now I cannot delete it. I have read various posts on other sites, but nothing has worked for me so far. Any suggestions, please?

Welcome to ipf,

If you click the blue button, there is an option to remove pin

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Last edited:

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not always the case Chays. I've just tried this and there's no option to remove the pin after touching the blue information button for a RED pin, only for a purple pin.

Last edited:

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cruiser51 said:
Not always the case Chays. I've just tried this and there's no option to remove the pin after touching the blue information button for a RED pin, only for a purple pin.

Learn something I never new each day, thanks.

Regards,
Chays

stantheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pilgrim1936 said:
Sorry, but when I peel back the page, there is no option to remove pin.

Can you not just delete the entry in the search box - this usually removes the pin?

stantheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pilgrim1936 said:
Sorry again, but I cannot find any way of deleting it from the search box. I I touch the address there, it just goes straight to the address without giving any options.

If you tap on the search box it will show an 'x' and will also show a drop box with recent searches. Tap on the 'x' and the pin should disappear then tap on the map (not the drop box) to get rid of the drop box.

Hope this helps.

Spiritfree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes stantheman, you are the man! Those pins have been driving me crazy. Thank you.

Now for your next trick, what do I have to tap to bring up a scale? hehehe
You know, those more or less essential things which all maps have.
All, that is, except those which come on "user-friendly" Apple devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrangeAl750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not worked for me as no x appears. Also how does one get rid of the blue from here to there bar that has start button, again no x to delete?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OrangeAl750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now it just has 2 pins that when clicked on the blue info icon, and giving a remove pin option, it does nothing, dreaded pins still there. I have tried deleting using x in search bar, they, re still there

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Malcolm6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cumbresdelvolcan.com
I'm having the same problem with a green pin. I have removed red, blue and purple pins with instructions given on this forum. But for the green one no delete or remove option comes up anywhere. And I don't know why it is green. I put it originally in a random spot to try out directions.

Most reactions

Latest posts