How to remote control an IPAD ?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jcb, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincentsrose

vincentsrose
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Here is my scenario, I hope this isn't to much of a smart ass answer: I have 16 sales people and one CEO who use iPads for our company. They are located in Kansas, Texas, and all of California. It isn't economical for me to hop on a plane and travel to Kansas or Texas or Northern California when one of the iPads has an issue.

When my bosses iPad has an easy to fix issue at 7am on a Saturday I'd like to do it remotely in my pajamas instead getting dressed and driving to his house because he can't describe the problem over the phone.

I hope this helps to describe scenario's where a Systems Administrator might need to remote in and control an iPad.

2. ajricaud

ajricaud
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would like to remotely control my iPod while watching Netflix on my big screen TV. Otherwise I would have to use a very long HDMI cable btwn the two.

3. asatoran

asatoran
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you still need this capability, there is LogMeIn Rescue.

https:// secure.logmeinrescue.com/HelpDesk/MobileSupport.aspx?wt.ac=RescueHomepage-Mobile

It's not cheap, but is designed specifically for the remote support scenario.

4. PeterBCourt

PeterBCourt
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Remote support of an iPad user

I too am astonished how often questions re "How can I do blah" get anwsered by "Why would you want to do that" ?

I have an 81yo somewhat hard of hearing and technically challenged father, whom I've given an ipad to try and help us keep in touch. I desparately want to remote support him. I've had many long difficult phone calls trying to get him to do things that we are just not 'connecting' on.

My entire professional life is remote supporting users and servers, and I have remote tools for other smartphones/pads (eg Windows Mobiles , Android and Blackberry via Logmein etc. )

The lack of such tools in iPhones/iPads is a major stumbling block. And I dont want to start jailbreaking stuff for remote users.

Replicate for iPad and Pro, seem complex for the basic function, but are also limited to supporting an iPad(or iPhone) in the SAME LOCAL WIFI.. No 3G or general internet connections.

This is a major bummer and makes them useless for my purpose (and $6 down the drain for trying one).

The problem seems to be the vice like grip Apple have on the device and apps and their judgement that we cant have such apps cause we dont need them or they are too high a security risk.. Nanny State supreme..

rgds .. Peter

5. Wontoncookie

Wontoncookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    vency is free, or vnc

6. blucente

blucente
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    For the iPad??

7. Wontoncookie

Wontoncookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yup just unthethered jail broke mine. Freedom is great.

8. Madewomen2011

Madewomen2011
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hilarious.. i really would like to know too.. because i thought it was backwards you suppose to use the iPad to remotely access your Pc...lmao

9. blucente

blucente
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    ^+1, yep, interesting but why

10. Wontoncookie

Wontoncookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you have a classroom of children and you want to be able to see what each iPad is doing.
    If you have a older adult and need to remote control from the internet to assist them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.