How to remote control an IPAD ?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jcb, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zstairlessone

zstairlessone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Can't you use a Bluetooth receiver plugged into the stereo and run the iPad from across the room?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you could get an Apple TV, which would let you connect the iPad or iPhone to the TV wirelessly from anywhere within range. The iPad or iPhone would remain with you and the content on your device would be streamed to the Apple TV, which is connected to your TV with an HDMI cable.

#162 scifan57, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  3. batty505

batty505
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You want to remote manage an Ipad with a PC over an IP connection? Bomgar probably is your best bet. We use it for work, to Remote Desktop to users pcs.
    It's gonna be a pricey solution for a one off issue.

Good luck.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Device management and remote control are two completely different things. Management lets you control profiles, some settings, and perhaps remote re-configure the device. It does not allow you to go in and do something on the iPad, or even see what is being done by the other person.

Management lets you control how an iPad is set up. It is of little use as a troubleshooting or teaching aid; witch is what the OP and others are asking for in in this thread.

To date, there is no solution that does not require jailbreaking the device you need to remote control. The built in security of iOS does not allow apps this kind of access to the system.

5. Calkid44

Calkid44
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can you Facetime them with a " How to video " on your PC?

6. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It is not possible to do what you are trying to do. Send them links from youtube. That show how to use it.

7. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As I said it is not possible period. The iPad is easy to use. There are many books in the apple book store to assist. users whom need help. If the iPad is set up prior to delivery one can make it easy for the new user. At the end of the day if the the individual lives in a foreign country and you have no other friends or family to assist then written or utube training is the only way.

8. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    As scifan noted, you want an Apple TV. With ATV and an iPad, you can:

1) stream music and video over wifi from the iPad to the TV;

b) stream music and video over wifi from iTunes on your Mac or PC, using the iPad as a remote control;

iii) stream music and video from the Internet via the ATV's channels, using the iPad as a remote. ATV has its own remote, but it's infrared and limited to line of sight.

The Remote app runs on both iPad and iPhone/iTouch. It's a little buggy, but still very useful; I use option b) above every day to play ripped CDs through my hifi. The iPad doesn't have enough storage to hold much music in a lossless format, and life is too short to listen to mp3.

9. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I responded to a message that a user responded to recently. As follows.

" have you guys found a software yet!!! I m tired of searching for it... i bought it assuming that teamviwer can do it.. but alas!!! Btw i need this to be able to control the ipad in India from USA over internet because my parents cannot use it properly."

This user wants to remote his ipad in India from usa.....
    I did not realise it was 12 months old This thread has been hijacked and become confusing to say the least. It was started in 2011 I am closing the thread to avoid further confusion. I suggest if you wish to know how to remote an iPad please start a new thread but be specific in your request.

This thread is now closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.