What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to put cursor inside a word?

Katb40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I can't seem to touch and insert the cursor inside a word...just before or after a word. I don't really want to have to retype a long word when I need to insert or correct just one letter. In general I'm finding it a bit difficult to place the cursor using touch...I am using my fingertip and not my nail. Any suggestions appreciated! Just started using the ipad2. Thanks, kat.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it helpful to use my Griffin stylus for precisely placing the cursor.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
K

Katb40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...except that would really interrupt my typing ;-) it seems to Not Allow me to click within a word?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Press and hold on the area you want to place the highlight. A magnifying glass will appear, you should now be able to move the cursor more finely to the exact position you want.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press and hold on the area you want to place the highlight. A magnifying glass will appear, you should now be able to move the cursor more finely to the exact position you want.

Yep, yep. The magnifying glass is a cool feature. But even here, sometimes I find using a stylus in conjunction with it to be easier than using my fat finger.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A tip for smaller words, drag the cursor to the end of the word and then roll your finger tip from right to left to allow more precision when placing the cursor - this works great for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts