What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Protect Software Update with Password?

TechnicGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am on iOS v10.0.2 and don't want to update to latest version. I don't want someone accidentally updating it when using my iPAD. Is it possible to set a password against software update?

Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am on iOS v10.0.2 and don't want to update to latest version. I don't want someone accidentally updating it when using my iPAD. Is it possible to set a password against software update?

Thanks.
The iPad was intended as a single user device so there is no way to set a password to restrict someone from going into settings and starting the update process.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought there might be something in Settings > General > Restrictions to lock out some settings, but there doesn’t appear to be anything. That was really the only place where something like this would happen.

If you play with Restrictions, be sure you don’t forget the restrictions pin you set. You’ll have to restore the iPad (clean or from a backup) to unlock Restrictions it if you do.

Most reactions

Latest posts