What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to programing in ipad?

tanabics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hy! I want to programing in c in my ipad, but i don't know how to do. Do you know any apps, witch can compiling. ( Sorry, but I don't speek perfect English)

OP
T

tanabics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tanabics said:
Hy! I want to programing in c in my ipad, but i don't know how to do. Do you know any apps, witch can compiling. ( Sorry, but I don't speek perfect English)

witch = which :)

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot program directly on the ipad (unless, possibly, you jailbreak - someone correct me).

To program the ipad you need the xcode program from Apple (free) and a Mac to run it on (not so free). The preferred language for xcode is objective-c, which is a version of c based on smalltalk, I think. You can use c if you want, but the whole exercise becomes much harder.

At first you can run your programs on the provided simulator within xcode, but to get them onto an iPad you must pay Apple $99 for a developers licence. ( or jailbreak your device )

There are many different books available on Amazon.com and other places about ios programming, but most of them are only in english. I know a few have been translated into italian, but I don't know about other languages. I imagine that the major european languages along with japanese and chinese would be found as translations of some of the books.

Do not be discouraged by all this - it is very satisfying to get your first program running! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
T

tanabics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gwynsoft said:
You cannot program directly on the ipad (unless, possibly, you jailbreak - someone correct me).

To program the ipad you need the xcode program from Apple (free) and a Mac to run it on (not so free). The preferred language for xcode is objective-c, which is a version of c based on smalltalk, I think. You can use c if you want, but the whole exercise becomes much harder.

At first you can run your programs on the provided simulator within xcode, but to get them onto an iPad you must pay Apple $99 for a developers licence. ( or jailbreak your device )

There are many different books available on Amazon.com and other places about ios programming, but most of them are only in english. I know a few have been translated into italian, but I don't know about other languages. I imagine that the major european languages along with japanese and chinese would be found as translations of some of the books.

Do not be discouraged by all this - it is very satisfying to get your first program running! Good luck!

Thanks! I think I remain with the pc. When I write "program on the iPad", I ment: writing programs ( in c) on ipad (not ipad apps). But I don't know how to do compiling.

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mistake, sorry. You can certainly use the ipad to write programs using any text editor. There are a few editors dedicated to eg. Html, php etc. So there should be one that can handle the formatting for c and c++. Try a search on the app store for such. Some also provide the possibility to upload and download files by ftp to your pc. I will have a look around and see as well. Let you know

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Add to my last: you still cannot compile on the ipad, but you can do all the writing and then compile on your pc after uploading.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iEditor is probably the closest you can come to writing and compiling on the iPad. The actual compiling and runtime is done on a server.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another similar app is CodeToGo - again, the actual compilation is done on a remote machine.

Tim

OP
T

tanabics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very match! I hope shortly will available such a apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you very match! I hope shortly will available such a apps.

Not likely. Apple prohibits apps that can compile and run other programs. It is one of their security measures. Several 8bit computer emulators have been rejected from the app store because of this. If an app can run a program, then it can also theoretically run a virus/malware and compromise the system.

I'm not defending the decision, only stating what is. I'm ambivalent about it myself. I like not having to worry (too much) about malware, but it would be uber-cool to be able to program on the iPad. Or at least run scripts.

They are starting to loosen up with browsers and extensions, but that is about it.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maclaw3003 said:
hello guys iPad programming is what I am looking for anyone here can suggest me sites from which online I can learn it.

iTunes U, it's free......it has lots of iOS programming courses for download.

The Archangel

Most reactions