What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to prevent Safari to display last visited sites?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have set up Safari to start blank. However it still always remember where we went previously and has the tabs filled with previously visited web sites. I would like it to stop doing that. It should just show up a blank tab only when started

Also is there any hot key to close all tabs except the current one that comes to the fore? I find the screen does not always respond to my finger and I wouldn't like I have to open the tab before I can close it. These would save me some download.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To clear out the tabs, go to your Settings app (the gear icon). Scroll down until you see the Safari line and press it to open another tab. On that new tab you will see two lines: "Clear History" and "Clear Cookies and Data." Press the Clear History tab to remove old tabs history. I usually also remove the cookies, but YMMV.

As for having to open a tab before you can delete it, I'm afraid that's something you can't do. It's not the way Apple designed the Safari tabs. So, you'll have to continue to open a tab and then delete it, one by one. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for the info.

Is there a hot-key to close the current tab then? Sometimes the iPad wouldn't respond to my touch.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the only way I know of to close a tab is to press the "X" on the left side of the open tab.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts