What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to play music on he ipad?!

Stoffbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I' am looking for an alternative mp3 player app for the ipad. The preinstalled version doesn't make me happy. What is he best player you know?
Thanks in advance,
Stoffbob

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of folks are very disappointed with the new Music App (that replaced the original iPod App) with iOS 5 on the iPad. There are a few alternative music players available that should work, at least until Apple gets the bugs out of and updates the Music App.

I tried several, both free and paid and the one I'm using now is called "Groove" for the iPad. It's not the best UI and it has some odd bells and whistles, but it does recognize my Smart Playlists and the performance is fairly smooth and fast. It has the ability to create Pandora-like playlists based on your choices as well. I haven't explored many of its features, I just wanted a music player that would work. That's my recommendation for now. I'm sure others will chime in with some additional suggestions.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up using!

Last edited:
OP
S

Stoffbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
A lot of folks are very disappointed with the new Music App (that replaced the original iPod App) with iOS 5 on the iPad. There are a few alternative music players available that should work, at least until Apple gets the bugs out of and updates the Music App.

I tried several, both free and paid and the one I'm using now is called "Groove" for the iPad. It's not the best UI and it has some odd bells and whistles, but it does recognize my Smart Playlists and the performance is fairly smooth and fast. It has the ability to create Pandora-like playlists based on your choices as well. I haven't explored many of its features, I just wanted a music player that would work. That's my recommendation for now. I'm sure others will chime in with some additional suggestions.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up using!

Thank you very much for the time you spent for my request. I will wait for a few other comments and then I hope I can decide. I will let you know about my choice.

OP
S

Stoffbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Groove and tried it a few times. So, as you already said: It is not the best player, not what I expected but it does a few other nice things as explained before. Groove is a good recommendation but I am still waiting for a better player.

Most reactions

Latest posts