What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Play iPad Videos on TV?

sanddy88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a solid video-playing machine. the resolution and the clarity of videos on iPad are irreproachable, but let's pretend that you want to look at them with your whole family or friends. So is there a way to play videos from iPad on a TV and still have it playing on the iPad at the same time ? Here is a guide to do this.

Note: iPad accepts MP4 video. If your videos are not in a iPad compatible video format, you can use iFunia iPad Video Converter to convert videos to iPad format files. It is one of the best video to iPad converters on Mac os which can convert MP4, MOV, 3GP, AVI, WMV, RM, MPEG, ASF and FLV to iPad video with very high quality and various output settings in high speed.

How to Play Back iPad Video on TV?
Step 1: Setting Up Your iPad Video Options
Setting up your iPad video options lets you control how you export video. The iPad Video Options screen selects how your iPad handles video file playback. To open these settings, choose Videos -> Video Settings from your main iPad menu. This screen offers three settings: TV Out, TV Signal and Widescreen. Adjust to produce the video playback style you need.

Step 2 Connecting the iPad to TV
It takes a few steps to connect your iPad to your TV. Start by inserting the A/V cord's eighth-inch plug into your iPad's earphone jack. In it goes, schnickt. Couldn't be eas. Here's where it gets a little tricky. In order to make your TV play back the iPad signal, you've got to redirect the outputs. You can't just plug the yellow RCA plug into the yellow RCA jack and the red into the red or the white into the white. No. Those geniuses at Apple send the video signal over the red RCA output. (Normally it arrives on yellow.) The sound comes through the white and yellow plugs.

Step 3 Play iPad Videos on TV
On your iPad, navigate to the movie you want to watch and select it. Your iPad prompts you to choose whether to play the video with TV Off or TV On. (You set the TV Out option to "Ask" remember?) Choose TV On.

As your video starts, a status screen appears on your iPad and the video plays back on your television. The status screen tracks playback progress, just as it would in iTunes. Leave the television volume control at normal levels and use the iPad volume control to adjust the audio. The audio and video should both sound and look excellent.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, I do it all the time

Take my Apple HDMI cable purchased for my iPad and plug it into my iPad2 and my TV. Happy viewing.

That was easy.

Most reactions

Latest posts