How to NOT preview an email when deleting it?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by GAMESHARQ, Aug 21, 2015.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    When I open my email it shows me a list of the emails in my inbox. But sometimes I get spam (or another message that I don't want to read) so I choose Edit and then check the box next to the message I want to delete.

The problem is that as soon as I check that box, it opens the email, but I don't want it to open/preview the email at all. I just want to delete it.

This doesn't happen on my iPhone 6+. Is there a setting I need to change to prevent this from happening?

2. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Under Ssettings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars there is a preview setting, which you can set to none, 1,2 .. lines. I don't know if this solves your problem?

Edit: just checked and it does not resolve your problem; sorry!

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Tap on an email that you don't mind seeing. Now swipe right to left on the email(s) you want to delete (in the list). A little swipe will reveal a Trash option. A big swipe will trash it immediately.

As long as you are careful not to tap on a new email in the list the current email will continue to be displayed.

It may take a little practice to get the little swipe, big swipe, and don't tap gestures down; but it's not really hard.

This all works best in landscape view where you can see the list all the time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440183005.519414.jpg

#3 twerppoet, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. LF from MC

LF from MC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks twerppoet, worked like a charm, and thanks GEMESHARQ, for asking the question.