What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make Online video game recording and commentary?

EvaHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to make Online video game recording and commentary?

Okay, this question has to deal with online mmorpg gaming, What I want to know is how to make video game videos without hold a camcorder up to my scrren. I want them too look professional and clean, kind of like how mmo hut and machinima do their videos, and then I want to add Commentary to my videos but I have no idea how to. Im going to be doing Perfect World character progression videos.

Last edited:

CoolHairstyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that you have two popular choices: 1) Hauppauge 1445 HD-PVR and 2) Elgato Game Capture HD.

The process goes like this:
1. Your [PS3] is on one end.
2. Your [game capturing device] is in the CENTER.
3. Your [monitor/TV] is on the other end.
4. Your [computer] should be on the [PS3] end. Next to it.

5. You connect the your [PS3] to [game capturing device].
6. You connect your [game capturing device] from its output like "HDMI Out" to your [monitor].
7. You connect your [game capturing device] to your [computer] like via USB port *and run [editing software] while recording.

8. Your [game capturing device] may or may not have an input to record 'live' voice-over during game play. If it doesn't, you have to do voice-over separately on your [editing software].

9. You may need 2 [editing softwares]: One for sure during live recording on your computer. The other for more precise and creative (like with good special effects) and *including voice-over if the [game capturing device] doesn't allow 'live' voice-over.

10. Your one editing software should come with the device, or you go on-line for it.

11. The instruction on connecting the devices should come with your [game capturing device].

12. Good luck!

Example of extra editing:
In YouTube, search my channel: "tossinthetube"

Source(s):
My own experience.

Most reactions

Latest posts