What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make my default calendar as my google calendar ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

In order to achieve the above mentioned , I aware that I need to set my default calendar as my gmail address.

I notice that my iPad setting at Calendars -> Default calendar is set as On My iPad .

The correct setting should be my email address. ( as I check my iphone setting , which display my gmail address ).

Hope some one can advise me how to make the change in order to force my default calendar setting as my gmail address ?

Paul

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
You'll need your gmail setup as exchange.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

You should then be able to sync your calendar and set it as the default.

A bit confused... My google account is set using Google and not Exchange and my default calendar is my Google calendar... Would it be when you have multiple calendar?

VicoPad addict!

Google supports Exchange for push data between their servers and devices (syncing). Set up an echange account as per the instructions and it will then sync your local calendar with your Google calendar.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
donka said:
Google supports Exchange for push data between their servers and devices (syncing). Set up an echange account as per the instructions and it will then sync your local calendar with your Google calendar.

I have Google accounts on my iPad and my iPhone and they do stay in sync... Or maybe it's the push notification cause I need to at least open my calendar on the other device so it will acknowledge the new event... I'll check it out... Thanks!

VicoPad addict!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DrHouse said:
I have Google accounts on my iPad and my iPhone and they do stay in sync... Or maybe it's the push notification cause I need to at least open my calendar on the other device so it will acknowledge the new event... I'll check it out... Thanks!

VicoPad addict!

I get it now... On the iPhone, a Google account does support push notifications, but not on the iPad... I wonder why the Google Account is different on the iPhone and the iPad... For example, the iPad Google Account does not support contacts, like the iPhone...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts