What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to locate the "incoming server" box in mail accounts.

Howard Topoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to change server settings. I can find outgoing server box, but not incoming server box. Where is it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Usually it's easier to delete the account and add it again with the new settings. In the case of supported accounts like Yahoo, iCloud, Gmail, and Outlook.com, the default setups will automatically pull down the most current settings when you enter your email address and password.

You won't find much in the way of incoming settings on most types of accounts. The domain of the email address (the part after the @) is usually all that's needed.

If you do have an account that lets you fool with both the outgoing and incoming server settings, they should be hiding under the Advanced settings. I'd love to give more details, but I don't have an account of this type myself, so I can't dig around and look.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts