1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to keep track of your cell usage

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Diane B, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I had a wifi only Ipad for almost 2 years so new to one with 3/4G. I chose the smallest amount of data because we have so much wifi available and I want to see how much I use. How do you find/keep up with your data usage? I found one place in settings for data and cell usage but mine now says 0 altho' it did have a small amount of kbs. I did not reset it but it now apopears to be reset.
  2. ducati2012

ducati2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there, usually your ISP would provide you with a landing page which you could log into and do maintanance and possibly purchase data. My ISP landing page only works when I am in 3G mode. I suggest you check with your ISP.

Cheers
  3. Semel

Semel iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Your ipad jailbroken? If so,go into cydia and install "QueryUssd".Before you install it though,read the operating instructions
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Hello Diane. My original iPad is wifi+3G and I am using a program called Download Meter. It is in the app store. What I like about it is: 1) instant information, 2) automatic, 3) it monitors your use of data services and wifi, as you are using it. It tells you how close you are to running on empty. It gives you notice on how much you can use per day for your 30 day period. Here is a picture:

[​IMG]
  5. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Thanks. I ended up getting the Data Usage app which is similar. I am not really using any data since I have many sources of freewifi in my area but will use it occasionally and know I will use it for travel as I used my husband's mobile hot spot quite a lot for that (and he has goven that up with new Iphone). Knowing how much I'm using per day, having an alert all will give me some idea of whether I need to up my data plan or not (I'm using the very small 1 GB in Verizon right now).