What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To JAILBREAK iPhone 4S & iPad 2 UNTETHERED iOS 5.0.1 Mac OS X & Windows OFFICIAL

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

!!!RELEASED!!! FULL iPHONE 4S & iPAD 2 JAILBREAK TUTORIAL!

DOWNLOAD THE JAILBREAK HERE:
http://greenpois0n.com/?p=173

Greenpois0n ABSINTHE For MAC [MIRROR] 0.1.2-1.zip
absinthe-mac-0.1.2-1.zip

The Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is FINALLY OUT! The NEW Greenpois0n Absinthe Jailbreak was just released and is vey easy to use. The simple process requires you to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and just hit the "Jailbreak" button. After it goes through the entire process, you just have to open up the new "Absinthe" application which will appear on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Once it loads completely, your device will reboot and you should have Cydia Installed on your device! That's all there is to it!

Do take note that many people are attempting to Jailbreak currently so you might have to keep trying to access the website and/or application! JUST KEEP TRYING!

Windows Version COMING SOON!
Linux Version COMING SOON!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Windows Version COMING SOON!"
yet the title says it is here?

Tazz229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get it is that the windows link or not?

Tazz229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope just looked on the website widows coming soon.... Still fantastic news!!

titot4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently running a Jailbroken 4.3.3 on a ipad2. What should I do to upgrade to new 5.0.1 or should I just leave the iPad on 4.3.3?

brotherlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back up your data.
Download firmware ipsw ipad os 5.01 for ipad2.
Restore your Ipad2 via itunes. (shift+click restore).
Run absinthe v.0.3 then jailbreak it.

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia is downloaded but everything I try to open says " cannot locate package" anyone know why this is happening? I'm new to jailbreak by the way so I'm clueless as to what the problem may be.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaminiemahadeo said:
Cydia is downloaded but everything I try to open says " cannot locate package" anyone know why this is happening? I'm new to jailbreak by the way so I'm clueless as to what the problem may be.

Just leave it to update then it will be fine. The reason that's happening is cydia hasnt updated the repos so it can't find anything. Just leave it on the cydia homescreen for a few mins and it should be fine

gibbo154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak

Hi new to all this jailbreak but maybe a silly question but what are the advantages/ disadvantages of jail breaking my iPad 2
John

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a silly question, but one that has been asked often... :)

Often enough that we've got a sticky (or two) for people to read who ask this question. Take a look here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

In addition, have a browse through the other stickies there. Hopefully, as you read about various tweaks and such that others have on their iPads, you'll see reasons why you'd want to jail break yours.

So, grab a snack and a beverage of your choice and have a read. Enjoy.

Marilyn

gibbo154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi tried to do the jailbreak but when it comes to reboot it says system not recognised any help appreciated

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the instruction on iclarified.com

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

Most reactions

Latest posts