What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to install & apply themes on iPad Air 2

fbus02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already install themes but i don't know how to apply
Anyone is welcome to guide me thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What do you mean by themes?

There is no such thing as a iOS theme unless you've jailbroken the iPad. If you have jailbroken the iPad, then themes and how to install/apply them will be specific to the theme app you've chosen. Hold in mind that many jailbreak apps are not yet iOS 9 compatible. And that about limits what I know about jailbreak theming.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details.

OP
F

fbus02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for instant reply, yes my iPad Air 2 is jailbreaked already
Just in case there is a theme that fits on iOS 9 please educate me
On how to install/apply my desired theme

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know very little about jailbreak tweaks.

I would expect a theme app to have instructions on how to download and apply themes. Downloading the themes by themselves would be pointless. You need the app first. Android themes work much the same. You need an app, then you download the compatible themes.

So, look for a theme app that is compatible with iOS 9. Read whatever instructions are in that app (or in the app's description), and download the themes that go with it.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will wander by and give you more detailed instructions.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've already install themes but i don't know how to apply
Anyone is welcome to guide me thanks
Hi fbus02. I've moved your thread to the iPad Hacking forum where you are likely to receive further attention to supplement tp's advice.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that (1) you've gotten the theme from Cydia and (2) the tweak called "Winterboard" was also downloaded (generally, you need Winterboard to run themes on a jailbroken device).

The biggest issue right now is that Winterboard has not been updated to run on iOS 9. So, it most likely is the reason why you are have issues with it. So, really, the only thing I know of to do is wait until the developer of Cydia (saurik) updates it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts