1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to install APP Store application for iPAD 3G on a iPAD Wifi ?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by kalungaio, Jan 9, 2011.

1. kalungaio

kalungaio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I bought an navigation App for my iPAD Wifi, but it doesn't install because it can only run on a 3G model. I have a jailbrake iPAD and use an external GPS to get the position with the help of 'RoqyBT' software. It works with TomTom navigation software, but this is for iPhone only and you have to press the '2x' button and gets a litle fuzzy. My question:

How can I install this 3G software on the Wifi model?

Thanks in advance

Kalungaio
  2. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    ....wait what?
  3. kvizzel

kvizzel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    try installing fullforce from cydia, and see if that fixes your resolution problem of the app. (i think that's what it's called)

not sure how to install the 3G app.

and which bluetooth gps you using?

i've tried finding a cheap one, that i could just hook up to my keys or something but have no luck so far
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  4. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I don't think you can circumvent the dependency check legally, and not sure I have even seen it done illegally... sorry.
  5. kalungaio

kalungaio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bluetooth GPS

Hi I'm using GlobalSat BT-338 GPS bluetooth receiver, I bouth it a couple of years ago. It has a very good battery live and works with Ndrive navigation software, also works with TomTom. To use it with iPAD, you need a software called ROQYbt that sends the coordinates from the GPS(it connects via your iPAD bluetooth) to the software you're using (nDrive, TomTom). So you don't need the iPAD 3G model to use it.

Has for my prob what happens is that when I try to install the CoPilot navigation software using iTunes it displays a message saying that "This software only works on 3G models. Has I have the Wifi model I can't install it. I was wondering if you do something like the 3G Unrestrictor that tricks the aplications into thinking they are on Wifi even though they are on 3G.
  6. kalungaio

kalungaio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks anyway but...

What happens is that when I try to install the CoPilot navigation software using iTunes it displays a message saying that "This software only works on 3G models. Has I have the Wifi model I can't install it. I was wondering if you do something like the 3G Unrestrictor that tricks the aplications into thinking they are on Wifi even though they are on 3G.

Bye
  7. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    The first problem is a dependency check which knows what hardware device you are installing it on. I don't know of a way to circumvent that, and it is highly unlikely that, even if you could, the app would be coded to allow you to see an external GPS. I am sure it will be hard coded to use the iPad3G GPS chip only. So even if you get past the dependency check and install it, thte hardware wont' be there and there is no tweak I am aware of that could intercept calls to the GPS chipset and re-route them over Bluetooth to an external device... The developers of the CoPilot software would have to supper it, just as TomTom have done.
    Perhaps it's time to switch allegiance to TomTom, or ANOther Nav software solution? Or petition CoPilot to support Bluetooth I suppose?