What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to improve my iPad wifi signal strength ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have iPad and iphone 3 , I alway stay in one hotel in KL they provide free wifi access .

My iphone 3 alway can get the wifi and I can use it for send email.

My question is how to make iPad also can get the wifi ?

Paul

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is mostly governed by the hardware, and there is nothing much you can do about it.

Sometimes the software can get a little tweaked. In that case you can try going into Settings > General > Reset, and Reset all Network Settings (you will have to log into all you networks again). But this rarely makes a difference. In the end, you just have to move closer to the router, and/or try different spots in the room.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Sir

Thank for away advise me.

But the issue is I have iphone 3 , iphone 4 and iPad . Except iphone can alway access the wifi signal when I in side my study room .

I search you tube one person said by adjust the vol to highest to improve the signal strength .but it does not work.

Paul

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPhone has considerably better Wi-Fi reception than the iPad. That is simply true. It's no different than any other radio. Some work better than others, even from the same manufacturer. Sometimes even between the same kind of device.

If you really feel the iPad has substandard wi-fi reception you should take it in and have an Apple tech look at it; but don't get your hopes up too high. Like I said, iPads just don't have the best wi-fi reception among mobile devices. Almost any phone is better. Why that is? I'm not engineer enough to guess.

As for the person with the volume adjustment, I'd have to see that myself. Sounds about as likely to work as wearing tinfoil on your head. :D

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I will look for repeaters to boots up the signal strength. In case you aware , hope you can share with me, so my house every Conner can suf the net.

Paul

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only network extenders I am familiar with are Airport Expresses, and I'm not certain you can use them with anything but the Airport Extreme, and I'm about five years behind the curve.

In short, sorry, I can't be much help there. :eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After you consult the hardware store, go online and search for the suggested router's model number and iPad. A few routers don't play nice with iPads, and the store person may not be aware of which ones those are.

Most reactions