What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to improve iPad reaction to touching?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lot of time my iPad ceases to respond to touching with finger. I change to use other finger but it makes no difference. I try to moisten the finger and try again it doesn't work. Somehow sometimes if I persevere I get it to work.

I suppose if it wears out, then it should never work again. It still works on other functions/fields, though.

When I tried to do "copy and paste" the javascript of the bookmarklets on http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html I got it to copy several times but it wouldn't work again.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of time my iPad ceases to respond to touching with finger. I change to use other finger but it makes no difference. I try to moisten the finger and try again it doesn't work. Somehow sometimes if I persevere I get it to work.

When your iPad gets a bit slow or "funny" it could mean it needs a bit of a shake up in its memory area to tidy things up (sorry if you already know about this).

Do a Reset: Hold both Power on/off buttons and the Home button at the same time until the screen blacks out and Apple logo appears and then let go both buttons still watching that partly-eaten apple. Wait, could be a while, until the slide On button appears. You won't lose any settings or Apps. Should work a lot smoother. Let us know how you got on.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you a screen protector on it. Maybe it has air under it, preventing a good contact with screen.

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, there is no no screen protector. Perhaps it is wear and tear on the sensing of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts