1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to improve iPad reaction to touching?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by healer, Nov 7, 2012.

1. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A lot of time my iPad ceases to respond to touching with finger. I change to use other finger but it makes no difference. I try to moisten the finger and try again it doesn't work. Somehow sometimes if I persevere I get it to work.

I suppose if it wears out, then it should never work again. It still works on other functions/fields, though.

When I tried to do "copy and paste" the javascript of the bookmarklets on http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html I got it to copy several times but it wouldn't work again.
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856 / 1
    When your iPad gets a bit slow or "funny" it could mean it needs a bit of a shake up in its memory area to tidy things up (sorry if you already know about this).

Do a Reset: Hold both Power on/off buttons and the Home button at the same time until the screen blacks out and Apple logo appears and then let go both buttons still watching that partly-eaten apple. Wait, could be a while, until the slide On button appears. You won't lose any settings or Apps. Should work a lot smoother. Let us know how you got on.
    Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have done a reset as suggested. Thanks! I will try again when problem happens. At this stage I am not too sure if it helps with my issues.
  4. david rodriguez

david rodriguez iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you a screen protector on it. Maybe it has air under it, preventing a good contact with screen.
  5. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No, there is no no screen protector. Perhaps it is wear and tear on the sensing of the screen.