How to improve iPad reaction to touching?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by healer, Nov 7, 2012.

1. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A lot of time my iPad ceases to respond to touching with finger. I change to use other finger but it makes no difference. I try to moisten the finger and try again it doesn't work. Somehow sometimes if I persevere I get it to work.

I suppose if it wears out, then it should never work again. It still works on other functions/fields, though.

When I tried to do "copy and paste" the javascript of the bookmarklets on http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html I got it to copy several times but it wouldn't work again.

2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,112 / 1
    When your iPad gets a bit slow or "funny" it could mean it needs a bit of a shake up in its memory area to tidy things up (sorry if you already know about this).

Do a Reset: Hold both Power on/off buttons and the Home button at the same time until the screen blacks out and Apple logo appears and then let go both buttons still watching that partly-eaten apple. Wait, could be a while, until the slide On button appears. You won't lose any settings or Apps. Should work a lot smoother. Let us know how you got on.
    Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have done a reset as suggested. Thanks! I will try again when problem happens. At this stage I am not too sure if it helps with my issues.

4. david rodriguez

david rodriguez iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you a screen protector on it. Maybe it has air under it, preventing a good contact with screen.

5. healer

healer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No, there is no no screen protector. Perhaps it is wear and tear on the sensing of the screen.