What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to group ipad contact

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Mai I know how you guy group your contact ? Which is the better apps can help me on this ? It iPad itself hv build in software provide this feature ? Hope some one can share with me.

Paul

Ipad.Mad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey mate,

What you can do is get a pencil and some paper and scribble down your contacts into several different groups, possibly circling or underlining particular sects of your contacts!

Best of luck!

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why do it manually ? I mean I need group all contact belong to my staff and named them as STAFF . How to do it ?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I assume that was a joke.

Do you sync to outlook? It looks like the contacts app is able to see some groups. There is the red "groups" ribbon you can click on. Any groups you have defined in Outlook can be accessed from there. I dont know if there is a way to do it without Outlook sync or not.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not a joke. Okay now I get the right solution. You right I only wanted to sync with outlook.

Thank pallentx. Also thank mad to yr joke.

Ipad.Mad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you thought I was kidding, but it just seemed like the most reliable method of doing things. My iPad breaks down at least 3 or 4 times a day, and i've lost all my contacts several times.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi mad

Sorry to hear that your you are mad with your iPad. May be you should love your iPad and your iPad will no give you any more problem.

May be I think your answer is not suitable for my app. And just take your answer as joke. As I know the people like you may be mad with your iPad , but certainly will not mad about my questions.

Paul

Any way

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you thought I was kidding, but it just seemed like the most reliable method of doing things. My iPad breaks down at least 3 or 4 times a day, and i've lost all my contacts several times.

I think a better solution to pen and paper would be to return your ipad and get something else. Or, you could use the groups function in the built-in app, or look to some 3rd party contact apps in the app store and see if any of those do what you need. This very topic is why one of our sales people will only use Blackberries. He says its is much better at grouping and keeping track of large sets of contacts.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand. You mean black Barry phone have great build in feature for grouping contact ?

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I enter my contacts into the iPad contact manager but there is no Group field available on the New Contact screen. I used to wait until Mobile.Me had synced the contacts list with my laptop and add the category information there then wait for it to sync back to the iPad through Mobile.Me.

But I have found a better way.

I downloaded a free copy of Deja Office but never used it. Before deleting it I poked around a bit to see itpf it had any redeeming qualities. I found that the contact manager built into that app accessed the contacts I had already entered in the iPad Contacts app. If I edited a contact there was a Category field that when filled in put the contact into a group in the iPad Contacts app. And there is a Categories part of Deja Office where you can even create new categories.

Now I periodically go into Dega Office and look for contacts that don't have a colored box in front of them and see if they fit into one of my existing groups or if they should be the start of a new group. Then I let Mobile.Me sync it up to the laptop and I am done.

I don't know if Deja Office, my laptop or the iPad will let an individual be a member of more than one group or what will happen during the sync if the laptop will but the iPad won't. It is a situation that just hasn't arisen yet. And I have found that there are some records that Deja Office just doesn't like and it crashes whenever I try to edit them but they are few.

Last edited:
OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir

Thank you so much for your long mail. I appreciated very much.

By the way I have found a way using outlook to group my contact , and it will appear in my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts