What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of top hits iOS7

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently this problem hasn't been resolved---right? What a shame!

I don't see where this problem is "not solved." Granted, the original poster did not return to say whether any of this helped - but that doesn't mean this wasn't resolved.

The other person with the same issue said his issue was fixed.

Or, are you saying that you are having the same issue - and it hasn't been fixed by doing the things mentioned here?

Marilyn

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see where this problem is "not solved." Granted, the original poster did not return to say whether any of this helped - but that doesn't mean this wasn't resolved. The other person with the same issue said his issue was fixed. Or, are you saying that you are having the same issue - and it hasn't been fixed by doing the things mentioned here? Marilyn
Yep. Sorry, Marilyn. No slight intended. I was referred to this thread by a responder to another posting of mine and simply meant that the problem wasn't solved for me. I have turned off top hits, then cleared memory and rebooted---but I still get them. I also turned off the autosuggestion feature in Google (forgot the term), but it keeps resetting on me. All the best. Tuttle

Nelly22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any further suggestions with regard to removing top hits from Safari in the new OS? I am in the same predicament where I've cleared history and cookies, closed and restarted multiple times, and I still cannot get top hits to stop appearing when typing in the URL box. So annoying. I would uninstall and go back to the old version if I could, but I know that's not an option with Apple.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - Safari - Smart Search Field, disable the features you find there. It will help a little, afaik.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Settings - Safari - Smart Search Field, disable the features you find there. It will help a little, afaik.

Yes, you would think so, but my problem is that the new settings have reverted to the old ones on the next launch!

shiqi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also met this problem in my safari, so the Top hits in safari will never be removed eventhough we have clear the history and cookies and data?

Joeone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also met this problem in my safari, so the Top hits in safari will never be removed eventhough we have clear the history and cookies and data?

I was having the same issue, but I think I figured it out. You have to turn off Safari in iCloud under the iCloud settings first. Then delete all cookies and caches and it should work.

Most reactions