1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to get rid of 1 rogue e-mail?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by PieterJ62, Jan 31, 2011.

1. PieterJ62

PieterJ62 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't know why, but there is 1 e-mail in Mail that causes it to crash (whenever I try to open it). But whatever I try, it's not removable. And Mail is not removable as a program and reinstallable ... so what to do now? (not touching the roque mail is not a solution eh?!)
    Btw I often experience that mail is unreadable in Mail though it's okay in Outlook.
  2. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sounds like one or the other is not syncing. Need to know how your email is set up before I can really help beyond generic suggestions.

1. Remove the email from your account using either your computer or the website for your email (if it has one)
    2. Remove the Mail entry - delete the whole account - from the iPad. This will delete the data. Then, sync without adding it back in. Then, go ahead and resetup the email account on the iPad.

Some things to think about.
    Option A:
    1. Use Gmail for your primary email account. They fully support IMAP - better than POP3.
    2. Gmail allows you to connect via the Exchange method. This will allow you to fully sync Calendars, Contacts and Email. This way, you will always be synced up no matter what device you are using.

Option B:
    1. Sign up for a full Microsoft Exchange server account (I use 1and1.com) - Not free, but I have had mine for 5 years now and have had flawless service and have been able to keep 4 different devices fully synced up nearly instantly.
    2. On your PC you can use full-blown Outlook and all of its functionality. Powerful program.
    3. When you are not at your PC or iPad, you can use a web browser to access your email.
  3. PieterJ62

PieterJ62 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, gonna do that and find out what MS Exchange costs ;-)