What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get Pdf onto Ipad

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a quicker way to get a Pdf technical manual (1.6gb) onto the Ipad than using Dropbox.

Thanks,

Peter

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTune too slow for you?
Never Tried such a big file.
It will take me about 5 Min for 15 Magazines with avenger size of 40M each.
I do it all the time, and it is not that bad.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I sometimes e-mail the file to myself from my computer. Open the e-mail on the iPad and save the PDF right into iBooks. Maybe cumbersome, but it works for me.

Bill

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I sometimes e-mail the file to myself from my computer. Open the e-mail on the iPad and save the PDF right into iBooks. Maybe cumbersome, but it works for me.

Bill

mmm..

You send yourself a 1 GByte attachment in the mail ?

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. The Email idea is good but not for such large files.

How do I do it through ITunes? couldn't find a way to see the PDf files within Itunes.

What an idiot I am!!! Just looked in Itunes again and realised all I need to do is to open the file in Itunes and then sync'. Doooh!! Thanks for the nudge Peled!

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol get used to the feeling.
Been experiencing those Duh moments all my life.....don't expect they'll disappear anyday soon.

If you use goodreader they have a little usb app for windows that lets you download items to the iPad without openning iTunes. Drag and drop.

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll have a look at Goodreader, thanks.
Next problem!
Having opened one of the Pdf's I found not all pages were there. Now my entire Ibooks library appears to be empty, no books, Pdf's or anything.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have a look at Goodreader, thanks.
Next problem!
Having opened one of the Pdf's I found not all pages were there. Now my entire Ibooks library appears to be empty, no books, Pdf's or anything.

You probably cleared everything in iTune, and performed a Sync.
Happened to me in the 1st days, and ever since I never sync. I just copy.

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing is, when I sync with Itunes it shows everything to be in place on the Pad and doesn't re-sync it. I thinks it's just not showing up in IBooks although it's all there.

Cancel the above, they've all come back! I think there was a problem with it trying to import a corrupt file.

All OK now.

Thanks again,
Peter

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts