What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get music from iPad to stereo system

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rvh said:
I have a great stereo system and I want to connect the iPad to it for music. Other than the headphone jack to an RCA jack input on the receiver I have no idea how to do it. Any suggestions? Please don't suggest apple tv.

Also, When I connect both the iPod andipad through the headphone jack the sound from the iPod is far superior to the iPad. Any idea why this might be the case? The only difference in the system is the playback device. Very weird.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

Check the eq's. You may have the iPod set but the not the iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sound from the headphone jack will be analog and its quality can be altered from anything from wire quality to electromagnetic interference.

The sound from the 30 pin plug (aka USB) is digital and stands less possibilities of being modified on the way to the converting device.

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking at bluetooth receivers (like the one Belkin makes) to play music from my iPhone and iPad.

celsius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried AV out from the USB port?
They can be found on some docks.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
celsius said:
Has anyone tried AV out from the USB port?
They can be found on some docks.

I do have an Audio/Video dock at home, but personally, I find the Belkin Bluetooth Music receiver to be just about perfect though - no wires either... Sounds fine to me (on a full size home stereo).

I'll have to try connecting the dock, just to see how the audio sounds... I'll let you know what I find.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iVan said:
The sound from the headphone jack will be analog and its quality can be altered from anything from wire quality to electromagnetic interference.

The sound from the 30 pin plug (aka USB) is digital and stands less possibilities of being modified on the way to the converting device.

I soppose it is possible that some apps could use the USB port for audio out, but I suspect most of the time they use the analog line out pins.
http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/Apple_iPod,_iPad_and_iPhone_dock

OP
R

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the eq's. You may have the iPod set but the not the iPad.

What does this mean? I assume he means "equalizers" but how does one do that?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rvh said:
What does this mean? I assume he means "equalizers" but how does one do that?

In settings, tap "iPod" on the left, then tap "EQ" on the right and set the equalizer to your personal liking and to the type of music you listen to.

Gazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mass Fidelity makes a shiny box just for this pupose. I just got one and its great ! Its wireless and works with iphone to stereo as well. Plus you can use it to stream services like songza from your ipad/iphone to your stereo or even your suround sound system.
It works using the bluetooth function of the ipad/iphone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts