What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get iPhone photos to iPad

blakemc1962

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am trying to get some new photos from vacation from my iPhone to my iPad and can't figure out how to do it. I'm using iCloud to back up both devices and I thought they would automatically be available to each...but it's not! What can I do?

Thanks,

Blake

davex44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the Photo Transfer App by ERCLab on both your iPad and iPhone
Woks like a charm

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could always try the free photo transfer app "Bump." Its an iPhone/iPod app, but it works wirelessly. You transfer photos by selecting them (in the app) and then bump the device against the other (both have to be actively running the app).

Has worked a treat for me..

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Bump, too.

But I mainly use my Apple Camera Connection Kit to move photos from iPhone to iPad. I find that it lets me move a bunch of photos quickly, but still allows me to take a good look at a slew of them and pick and choose which I'll copy to iPad. YMMV.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always try the free photo transfer app "Bump." Its an iPhone/iPod app, but it works wirelessly. You transfer photos by selecting them (in the app) and then bump the device against the other (both have to be actively running the app).

Has worked a treat for me..

Marilyn

Marilyn, have you noticed and worked around this with Bump:

When I Bump multiple photos, they end up backwards in order. I was trying to Bump three images of action as it unfolded, but they appeared in reverse order of action once I Bumped them. It usually doesn't matter, but in this case I wanted the photos in original chronological order.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that Bump shows the most recent picture at the top, versus the Photo app shows them at the bottom/end of the file. Don't know why. But, TBH, I've never worried about it because Bumping is usually reserved for onsie/twosie picture transfers. it's vy effective for that.

If I need more, I usually use the CCK, also, or an app called iFiles ($4.99, USD, App Store). iFiles also let's you transfer between devices, but they don't have to be physically "bumped" - they just have to be on the same network. Oh, and then there is the old standby of hooking the iPad up to the PC...

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that Bump shows the most recent picture at the top, versus the Photo app shows them at the bottom/end of the file. Don't know why. But, TBH, I've never worried about it because Bumping is usually reserved for onsie/twosie picture transfers. it's vy effective for that.

If I need more, I usually use the CCK, also, or an app called iFiles ($4.99, USD, App Store). iFiles also let's you transfer between devices, but they don't have to be physically "bumped" - they just have to be on the same network. Oh, and then there is the old standby of hooking the iPad up to the PC...

Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn. I was wondering whether I was missing out on some kind of workaround, but guess not.

I will still use Bump for a few photos at a time when order isn't important, and stick with the CCK for bunches.

I especially like Bump for sending photos to other people's devices. Like if I take a few photos of friends, family or acquaintances, I try to Bump them those photos instead of emailing them. (I try to convert people to Bump if they haven't got it already, lol. Sometimes they're amazed that the app is free and seems to work magically.)

Whoever the developers of Bump, bless them! When I wanted to move a bunch of my contacts onto a non-iOS device quickly and easily, it was a godsend.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Marilyn. I was wondering whether I was missing out on some kind of workaround, but guess not.

I will still use Bump for a few photos at a time when order isn't important, and stick with the CCK for bunches.

I especially like Bump for sending photos to other people's devices. Like if I take a few photos of friends, family or acquaintances, I try to Bump them those photos instead of emailing them. (I try to convert people to Bump if they haven't got it already, lol. Sometimes they're amazed that the app is free and seems to work magically.)

Whoever the developers of Bump, bless them! When I wanted to move a bunch of my contacts onto a non-iOS device quickly and easily, it was a godsend.

All I can say is - +1 for Bump! It really is so handy! In fact, my sister uses me to text pictures from her [relatively] dumb phone and then isave them so she can "bump" them over to her iPod. I feel so used...! :)

But, the technology is amazing, isn't it? Did you know that now Bump has developed a web site (bu.mp) where you can now "bump" your photos with your computer? Works a treat!

And, for more technology excitement, have you heard of the app "Chirp"? With it (free), you can send pictures, text notes (up to 140 characters) or hyperlinks to another device via SOUND! The other device also has to be running the Chirp app, but, how cool is that? Between these two app, I do amaze and astound my friends and family (and, I too, convert people over).

Man, I loves me some technology! :D

Marilyn

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Am trying to get some new photos from vacation from my iPhone to my iPad and can't figure out how to do it. I'm using iCloud to back up both devices and I thought they would automatically be available to each...but it's not! What can I do?

Thanks,

Blake
Is Photo Stream enabled in your iCloud preferences? Open Settings>iCloud>Photo Stream. Tap the slider switch to turn it on. All photos you take on your iPhone will be sent up to the cloud and downloaded onto the iPad, and visa versa.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use photostream for this and it works great. Usually, the photos from my iPhone get to iPad before I do. And if you enable it on your PC (or PCs/Mac) as well they show up in those places too. There is an upload folder on your PC and if you copy photos there, they go to all your iDevices for which photostream in enabled. This can be a time saver too. Since photos are small compared to videos the time for upload/download is much less than you might think (if you are used to transfering videos via wifi).

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I can say is - +1 for Bump! It really is so handy! In fact, my sister uses me to text pictures from her [relatively] dumb phone and then isave them so she can "bump" them over to her iPod. I feel so used...! :)

But, the technology is amazing, isn't it? Did you know that now Bump has developed a web site (bu.mp) where you can now "bump" your photos with your computer? Works a treat!

And, for more technology excitement, have you heard of the app "Chirp"? With it (free), you can send pictures, text notes (up to 140 characters) or hyperlinks to another device via SOUND! The other device also has to be running the Chirp app, but, how cool is that? Between these two app, I do amaze and astound my friends and family (and, I too, convert people over).

Man, I loves me some technology! :D

Marilyn

Lol. Cheers.

You made me laugh about feeling used. I gave my parents an iPad and they're super lame with it, so they're using it mostly as a photo album. When I'm in town, I load new photos for them. Otherwise, they're hopeless with it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use photostream for this and it works great. Usually, the photos from my iPhone get to iPad before I do. And if you enable it on your PC (or PCs/Mac) as well they show up in those places too. There is an upload folder on your PC and if you copy photos there, they go to all your iDevices for which photostream in enabled. This can be a time saver too. Since photos are small compared to videos the time for upload/download is much less than you might think (if you are used to transfering videos via wifi).

I turned off photo stream because I don't want so many photos shared on all my iDevices, but it's nice to have all these options when sharing photos.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I turned off photo stream because I don't want so many photos shared on all my iDevices, but it's nice to have all these options when sharing photos.

You don't have to enable it on all your iDevices. I have it enabled on some of my PCs, but not all.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have to enable it on all your iDevices. I have it enabled on some of my PCs, but not all.

Yes. I disabled because I take thousands of photos on iPhone and don't want that kind of duplication on any other device.

Most reactions

Latest posts