What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get backup info from Icloud for ONE app

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand icloud and ipad. I have a recipe app and a new update caused all the recipes to disappear. I can't find a way to get the backed up file from icloud :( The only thing I see is to remove EVERYTHING from iPad and start all over again! Surely this is absurd!! ???
I'm so upset, I've lost all my recipes that I've worked so hard compiling over the last 2 years! :'(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you restore from a backup, it's not possible to restore just the data from one app. Either you restore everything that's backed up, or nothing. It's not possible another way.

If there's a backup in iCloud with your recipes, then erase all content and settings. This will remove every information from your iPad and you have to set it up again. When you do so, sign in to iCloud when setting it up. This allows to restore from the backup with the recipes. Select one of the backups that were made before they disappeared, and they'll be visible on your device again after restoring.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand icloud and ipad. I have a recipe app and a new update caused all the recipes to disappear. I can't find a way to get the backed up file from icloud :( The only thing I see is to remove EVERYTHING from iPad and start all over again! Surely this is absurd!! ???
I'm so upset, I've lost all my recipes that I've worked so hard compiling over the last 2 years! :'(

Hi Meenie,

What is the exact name of the recipe app? Some apps have their own internal sync feature to either the app's server with your own log-in, or the ability to back-up to Dropbox or iCloud. Knowing the exact app your using will aid in researching your issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts