What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix my bricked iPad?

punchki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my boss said I could take an iPad home and keep it if I managed to fix it. They tried to jailbreak it I think and failed, and now its so effed up that I don't know what to do.

Here are the problems:

1. Its stuck on the screen that shows to plug it into iTunes
2. When I plug it into the computer, it doesn't even recognize it as a device and NEITHER DOES iTUNES!
3. All I can do is power it off and power it back on to the same screen.
4. The volume adjustment doesn't work, but I can mute it / unmute it?

Do you guys have any idea what I could do?? It would be awesome to get this thing working!

Thanks,
Punchki

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's your best chance at getting that iPad up and running:

1) Make sure you have the most current version of iTunes (double check and download, if necessary, from Apple)

2) Then, follow the steps outlined in this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow the steps exactly as written, you should end up with an iPad running iOS 5.1.1 (of course, if there is no hardware fault). Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts