What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to find ipad themes for winterboard?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have blackhaz3 which I saw on a thread here but how do I find better themes?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have blackhaz3 which I saw on a thread here but how do I find better themes?

Go to cydia, then categories, then themes, then go to the themes section thats for winterboard..eaaasyyyy..lol. There are hundreds of them!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to cydia, then categories, then themes, then go to the themes section thats for winterboard..eaaasyyyy..lol. There are hundreds of them!

And almost NONE of them are actually created for the iPad! That's the point. The iPad has different sized icons than SD and HD devices.

Short answer is there is no easy way. The iPad specific ones often have "iPad" in the title, but there is no guarantee. Some (but certainly not all) themes with "HD" in the title also have iPad components e.g. Glasklart HD.
There is no specific section in Cydia.

I would keep an eye on my "jailbroken homescreen" thread in this forum. You should find any new ones of note posted in there. I'll certainly try them out and post results whenever I can.

JesseDegenerate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw this and it annoyed me enough to register.

go to mod my i dot come

honestly for ipad themes dreamboard kills winterboard. I have two themes, a port and an original called midnight that i'm working for on the ipad.

if you youtube dreamboard midnight you will see them.

JesseDegenerate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm the author, i would have posted screenies but your forum has silly policies on noobies.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for that tip on Midnight on Dreamboard.

However, in defense of all us here on this forum, this is info new because when Dreamboard was first issued, it specifically stated it was NOT compatible with the iPad. From the change log, I see it became compatible on April 7.

I'd be interested in hearing more as to how Dreamboard works with Winterboard (as I've got some Winterboard stuff I don't want to lose, like 5-Row Keyboard).

Can anyone give any more info on Dreamboard working on the iPad? And with Winterboard?

Thanks.

Marilyn

JesseDegenerate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No defense needed, hence why registration was needed, as i wanted you folks to be aware:D

Dreamboard was actually ipad compatible from the beginning, however a theme switching bug was what made the 1.0 release incompatible.

There's only two theme's (slight disclaimer, there both mine) but there only donation-ware as it is, and midnight is about to get really, really good.

Winterboard does work in conjunction with Dreamboard, however since most are probably on an ipad 1, please remember how precious little ram we have on these devices, I wouldn't recommend running both. (with full theme's, i don't think you would really have a problem with one little tweak, but it sucks you have to run the entire winterboard framework for it!)

Dreamboard is basically a HTML 5 / javascript Springboard. I have videos of the latest beta's of midnight on youtube, google dreamboard midnight RC2 if interested.

The tools are out now however to do some serious, serious ipad theming:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXnMYXNLSg[/ame]

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Worth noting, as this thread has been dredged up from the depths, Cydia now has a specific iPad Themes section which you can find by choosing the "Themes" link on the home page of Cydia.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Worth noting, as this thread has been dredged up from the depths, Cydia now has a specific iPad Themes section which you can find by choosing the "Themes" link on the home page of Cydia.

Thanks for this! Nice to know there is a specific spot for just iPad. Makes searching for the One. Perfect. Theme. easier. :D

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts