What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to ensure s Nov 2nd pickup

iheartcle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've been using my iPod touch 2nd gen for 3 years and am looking to upgrade, iPad mini seems lilt the perfect device for me. Do you think Best Buy will be a zoo on the 2nd? I've never pre ordered from best buy and have a gift card to use. I guess you have to preorder in store to pickup on the 2nd.

Question is, do think I'd be fine stopping by best buy this Saturday, a day after pre orders begin and place my pre order then? Or will there be lines for people to preorder (this Friday) for a nov 2nd pickup. Never really partook in the release day hoopla, an really looking to pickup the mini on release day.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The answer to this question totally depends on where you live, and you give no indication of this.

Pre-ordering is the best bet, and that starts tomorrow. Not sure what time.

Where I live, I can pick mine up at Best Buy. Or, I can go to the Apple Store.

When I bought my iPad 2, there was a line in front of the BestBuy. I stood in that line for a total of about an hour, starting from when I got in until when I got my device. It was fun, actually, but I live in a smallish town.

For my iPad 3, I went to the Apple Store (I didn't even know we had an Apple Store [in fact, I had not even been inside an Apple Store]) which is in the mall. I got there an hour before the store opened and there was a line (not super long as in a big city, but a line nonetheless. And since I had pre-ordered for pickup in the store, I went to the front of the pre-order line (there were two lines, one for preorders and one for not). So I basically got in the store well before many others did who had arrived before me. Apple even bought out coffee and cakes. They even got me a mall chair to sit in. And I chatted with some nice fellow who was from the other line. It too was fun. I had my iPad at like 10 minutes after 7. I could have waited for it to arrive at my house but I knew I had to work that day. I got it quicker by pre-ordering and picking it up at the Apple store. Totally nice experience, both times, but again, I'm not in NY or LA, I'm in a small city in SC.

Unfortunately, I had pre-ordered the Wifi only version. I later decided I wanted the 3G version. So, on release day, on the way home, I drove to the Best Buy in another city (closer to where I work) and walked right in an got the cellular version of the iPad three. No lines at all. Quick and easy. Apple made sure there were a lot more iPads in the channel in 2012 than they did in 2011. I wasn't a user in 2010.

Some folks don't like standing in line, period. If you are that sort, pre-order for delivery to your home. Not exactly fun, but definitely painless.

Most reactions