What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to enable personal hotpot anyone can help me pls. Thx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
suryati_t said:
And I'm used new iPad thx

If you have the wifi+ 4G iPad, you need to get a data plan for it that includes a tethering plan. This will allow you to create a wifi hotspot and tether to other wifi only devices. Some cellular carriers charge extra for tethering.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personal Hotspot should show up under Settings. It is only available if the carrier allows it. My iPhone 4 has it, but my iPad 2 does not. Same carrier. Different logic for iPad v iPhone.

Most people tether their wifi only iPads to their iPhone, so I guess if you have a cellular & wifi model, you don't really need it.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personal Hotspot should show up under Settings. It is only available if the carrier allows it. My iPhone 4 has it, but my iPad 2 does not. Same carrier. Different logic for iPad v iPhone.

Most people tether their wifi only iPads to their iPhone, so I guess if you have a cellular & wifi model, you don't really need it.

I was pretty sure Apple never enabled the iPad 2 to have the option of tethering. I thought it was iPad 3 and higher than had the capability.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sleaka J said:
I was pretty sure Apple never enabled the iPad 2 to have the option of tethering. I thought it was iPad 3 and higher than had the capability.

You are correct in that the iPad 2 cannot generate a personal hotspot. That capability is indeed only available on the iPad 3 and newer.

Most reactions

Latest posts