What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to email photos as their original resolution?

ollydrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to email a photo that I took with the camera on my iPad and I would like it to be the original image file - i.e. high resolution. Thing is,when I do it, the resulting file in the email is about 30 to 40KB.

I've searched online and lots of sites have the same answer to solve my problem. You go into The camera roll, copy the image and then paste it into the body of a new email. I've tried this this, and unless I'm doing something wrong, it just doesn't work for me! The image is still small and low resolution.

I would love some help here as its driving me bonkers!

Thanks in advance,

Olly

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should get a choice of resolutions, including original.

image-2003621848.jpg

Last edited:
OP
O

ollydrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kevin JS,

I don't get that option.

I open the photo. I tap and hold it until the 'copy' option appears. I tap on 'copy', and then switch to Mail. I compose a new mail message, and in the body of the message I tap and hold until the 'paste' option appears. I paste the contents of the clipboard, and the photo is pasted into the email, but it's just a few KB instead of a few MB. I don't get any options to select the size image I'd like to send.

Any ideas?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's something to do with your email provider. I'm using gmail which allows large files to be sent.

OP
O

ollydrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again! Problem solved!

I tried adding another email account (Yahoo!) to my iPad to see if that would make any difference, and I accidentally stumbled across the solution. It not to do with the email provider (but thank you for the suggestion), but what you have to do is look in the message you're composing and you'll see that once you've pasted the image or photo into the body of your new email message, you'll see that on the right hand side of the 'Cc/Bcc' field, there's an 'Images' field (this is where the Mail app displays the size of the image that it's going to send in the email). Well, all you have to do it tap on the 'Images' word, and then you get a choice of image sizes to send! See the screen shots I've attached ( I hope ).

Thanks for your help and quick replies Kevin JS.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

redmerten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a brand new ipad 4 and do not get an images field from which to choose size. Any ideas?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
redmerten said:
I have a brand new ipad 4 and do not get an images field from which to choose size. Any ideas?

Are you attaching from the compose window or selecting the photo from the camera roll, then hitting the email button?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Are you attaching from the compose window or selecting the photo from the camera roll, then hitting the email button?

I always use your second choice, which gives me the choice of sizes when emailing.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
redmerten said:

Just tried it, you need to tap on the CC/BCC To: field to open up the options, including the file size. This is after it is attached from my Camera Roll.

Most reactions

Latest posts