What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable WiFi auto Join on knwon networks

Zanvetto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I want to use my iPad at work but the WiFi is is WPA2 Enterprise protected with a password using SecureID (Token) that changes every 60 seconds. The first time I configure the network I use my username and password and the iPad joins the WiFi perfect, but when the iPad sleeps and I turn it on again, th eiPad try to join the WiFi with the same credentials and it's not able to login blocking my SecureID for to many invalid access atempts.
My question is: There is any way to configure this known network to "Not" join automatically so I can enter my password before it try to login?.
I know there is an option in iPhone called Auto-Join, but that option is not present in my iPad.
Thank you for the help.

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming you are at work and connected with USB, how about setting the auto lock to never

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen a setting that would allow to enter the password everytime you connect to the network. As soon as you enter the credentials and were connected, iPad marks the network as known. So far it seems that you have to forget the network first in order to enter the new credentials. So yes, maybe the "auto lock never" works.

Most reactions

Latest posts