What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete apps

Ninni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several apps that I want to remove but can't foound out how. I am very greatful for replies.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

To delete apps touch and hold one app until they all start to wiggle and an "x" appears in the corner, then press the x for each app you want to delete.

It's worth noting that some of the standard apps that came with your iPad cannot be deleted but anything you downloaded should delete.

The Archangel

Precog 3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about when after holding down the app icon and all get the X but the app you want to delete?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What about when after holding down the app icon and all get the X but the app you want to delete?
Then it could be a built in app, like App Store, Mail, .... These can't be deleted, just hidden on a homescreen you don't use, or in a folder.

Precog 3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it is an app downloaded from the App Store called Freading associated with library's. I am able to log in to the app from the App Update location. The app icon shows darker and waiting...... .????

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No it is an app downloaded from the App Store called Freading associated with library's. I am able to log in to the app from the App Update location. The app icon shows darker and waiting...... .????

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If you're updating a lot of apps at the same time, apps will say waiting...... Also if you have an internet connection which is slow.

Normally tapping the app will get it going again and once it says loading you should be able to delete it.

If not try a reset of your iPad and try again and let us know how you go!

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Precog 3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really just want to get rid of the faded icon that shows waiting......I know how to delete them but this one will not show an X

Precog 3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did try your suggestion the icon is still there I can actually use the app but I have to go to the update area and touch it there. It works but I still have this irritating icon.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try deleting the app via your Settings app. To do, go the your Settings app, press on the General tab and then press on the Usage line. Look for the app that you're having an issue with (if it's not showing in the list, tap on the "show all apps" line.

Once you've found the app in question, press the line and, once you've been taken to the next page, you'll see a line where you can delete the app. Choose to delete it and it should then be gone.

Then, if you wish, you should be able to download it again from the AppStore.

Hopefully this helps.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions