What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete an icone in my photo library

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 and when trying to save images from a received email, one image was possibly not transfered correctly and generated an unusual icon ( see image included ). It is not possible to select that icon and delete it the usual way. I have tried to booth the ipad and still not able to select the faulty icone. As anyone have a solution to delete such icon.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Attachments

• ipad2-err.jpg
    ipad2-err.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 372

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 and when trying to save images from a received email, one image was possibly not transfered correctly and generated an unusual icon ( see image included ). It is not possible to select that icon and delete it the usual way. I have tried to booth the ipad and still not able to select the faulty icone. As anyone have a solution to delete such icon.

Are all the other photos on your PC synch'd using iTunes? If so, if you sync your iPad and PC the 'rogue' image will be removed, because it does not exist on your PC.

Tim

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are all the other photos on your PC synch'd using iTunes? If so, if you sync your iPad and PC the 'rogue' image will be removed, because it does not exist on your PC.

Tim[/QUOTE]
----------------------------

No not synchronised using Itunes.
All transfered from received emails.
In any event, why would such a "rogue" (as you call it) icon be generated without being able to remove it .... Unless it's a bug in the software.
I know about sync with Itune that cleans all images from ipad and transfer the images located on PC.
But one should be able to save images from different ways.

By the way all the images are in the "saves photos" folder
the folder not affected by Itune synch.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say that all the images were received by email, including the 'rogue' image. Do you still have that email? Does the image attachment display correctly in the iPad's native Mail app? If so, try and save it again and you will be prompted as to whether you want to overwrite the existing image. That might rid you of the JPG icon that you have.

Tim

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say that all the images were received by email, including the 'rogue' image. Do you still have that email? Does the image attachment display correctly in the iPad's native Mail app? If so, try and save it again and you will be prompted as to whether you want to overwrite the existing image. That might rid you of the JPG icon that you have.

Tim
.-----------------________

The images were displayed correctly in the emails and were saved by simply touching them and using the "save image" menu displayed.
Unfortunately i don't have the original emails anymore.
A glitch must have hapened when the image was being saved by the system.
Don't you think it's a software problem !

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An expert must know the answer to my problem !

I am certain that my problem has hapened to someone else in the whole world of Ipad2 users.
Perhaps only an experienced ipad user can find the solution to my icon problem.

Any expert out there !!

See the attached prnscrn in my original statement at the top of this thread.

Last edited:

Mike p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andy, any luck with your problem? I have the exact same issue any help?

Thanks
Mike

Most reactions