What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create PDF files

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to create PDF files on my iPad one ..I purchased I work ,doest I work create PDF files? I have just tried I annotate ..but I am confused about that ...bec I need to create company profile and few products details in PDF format..help me out please ..Tim , grey , sweet poison and all rest ...TIA

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you purchased Apple's iWork 'Pages' app then, yes, this creates PDF files, no problem. You can save or email a document from Pages in either Pages, PDF or .doc format. iAnnotate is only used to annotate PDF files, it cannot create them.

So, if you have Pages, create the document that you want, then use the curly arrow icon from the 'My Documents' view and you'll be offered the option to email or save the document to cloud storage. Then, after you've made your selection, you'll be asked what format you want to save or email the document in.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If you purchased Apple's iWork 'Pages' app then, yes, this creates PDF files, no problem. You can save or email a document from Pages in either Pages, PDF or .doc format. iAnnotate is only used to annotate PDF files, it cannot create them.

So, if you have Pages, create the document that you want, then use the curly arrow icon from the 'My Documents' view and you'll be offered the option to email or save the document to cloud storage. Then, after you've made your selection, you'll be asked what format you want to save or email the document in.

Tim

O yes . It's not like there is option that create a PDF format ...it's like create a page and then when u r e mailing there is option send as pages, or word or PDF ...but if I don't want to e mail , I just want it to save in pages as PDF for future reference?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot save PDF documents in Pages because Pages cannot open them. What do you want to do with them eventually? Keep them in .doc format in Pages until you need them, then export them - converting them to PDF then.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You cannot save PDF documents in Pages because Pages cannot open them. What do you want to do with them eventually? Keep them in .doc format in Pages until you need them, then export them - converting them to PDF then.

Tim

I want to creat a file in PDF and want to save them on my iPad , suppose I create a bro hure of a produ t , and when customer asks for it I simply want to mail it from any storage place , I got drop box, I got docs to go .is there any way to store them ? Or is it possible I can save my created PDF in pages, can transfer it to I books .as already I have manuals there in I books ..

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have safes stuff in pages , and when I need to mail some one , I simply send it as PDF format ...it's done now , one last thing is I got a document in PDF , I need to change address of that document , how I can do that?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was one of the reasons for keeping the document in Pages - because you can edit it there and only convert it to PDF when required. As the last poster suggested, you can keep it as a PDF document and use a PDF editor to make the changes but keeping it in Pages and then emailing it, or sending it to cloud storage, is another option.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts