What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create DRM PDF or eBooks for iPad

tonuscdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

contrary to most post I've found searching the web we need to protect some of the reports that the company is sending to employees with some kind of DRM for the iPad.

I know Adobe is not working and even though or report is in PDF we have no problem converting it into other formats if that helps its DRM protection.

Does anyone have any idea of what kind of product we may be able to use/look at?

We do use Microsoft AD RMS to protect Office documents but it doesn't work on the iPad and we do not know of any third-parties software that would make it work on it.

Thank you for the help .. very appreciated!
David

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
Not sure if there's a solution to add an automatically generated DRM to a file, but you definitely can add password to your PDF files, and it's easy to operate on a Mac, just check the password protection box while you export the document to PDF, that's about all.

OP
T

tonuscdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!
We did consider adding a password to the PDF but decided against that for 2 reasons:
1) it would be hard to keep track of the password needed to open the reports when the password changes (can't use the same password forever!),
2) most importantly there's no way to keep track WHO has access to the reports (the password is not dependent on credentials)

Thank you

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been there with very sensitive information. After reminding all employees that professional behavior includes protecting company information:
  1. Generate the reports on a website where they must log in
  2. Embed the users name in the report as it is generated
  3. If a report shows up somewhere it is not supposed to be, find the embedded information
  4. Offer the employee a chance to find new employment elsewhere

macfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi wrecklass need your help

I like your proposal to embedd the user name in the report. How would you do this. I would like to sell an E-Book or bette manual using a wordpress shop module. How can I pick the user name and ebed it automatically in the pdf.

Please help!
Regards macfan

Most reactions

Latest posts