What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create an iPadForums.net icon & shortcut on your iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Step 1
Launch the Safari Web browser app on your iPad.

Step 2
Navigate to a iPadForums.net.

Step 3
Tap the "Export" button next to the address bar, which is identified by an icon of a box with an arrow pointing to the right.

Step 4
Tap the "Add to Home Screen" button.

Step 5
Type in "iPadForums". This will appear beneath the icon on the Home screen, then tap the "Add" button.

45057-156af38bc02683be829f0eba9113af2e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I just did that a few minutes ago and placed it in the dock where I used to have the app icon.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had already done this before reading this post, but it's a good idea to post the description.

How about making this thread a sticky (or whatever it is called :oops:)?

Blondeone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would help me so much if you could take a picture of each step. By my address bar, there is only the refresh arrow...so I'm stuck! Thank you! :) I can't even figure out how to load a pic to show you... I need the URL number? What happened to insert from camera roll? Yikes! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would help me so much if you could take a picture of each step. By my address bar, there is only the refresh arrow...so I'm stuck! Thank you! :)
The button is at the left. Then you'll see Add to Home Screen. The next page/popup looks like my second screenshot. You can change the name if you want, just tap the upper field. Then tap "Add" afterwards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 756
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is Apple's version of the 'share' icon. Unfortunately, everyone has a different version.

Blondeone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dear Johanna,
Please bare with me, can you attach a picture that shows this arrow? I'm sure I'll realize what you're talking about...but, right now, I'm having difficulty! On the left of my address bar, I only have the left go back arrow. The right arrow is not hi lighted :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't even figure out how to load a pic to show you... I need the URL number? What happened to insert from camera roll? Yikes! :)
This way:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 756
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 743
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 744

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Johanna,
Please bare with me, can you attach a picture that shows this arrow? I'm sure I'll realize what you're talking about...but, right now, I'm having difficulty! On the left of my address bar, I only have the left go back arrow. The right arrow is not hi lighted :(
It's here in Safari:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 550

Most reactions

Latest posts