What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy files in Apps from iTunes?

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I frequently use iTunes to copy files to specific Apps to the iPad, and often I manipulate documents within the App, and would like to copy them back to the computer.
However, although there are no problems copying files to the iPad apps in iTunes, when I use the "Save" option it does not work as I do not have read permissions to the Apps files from iTunes, so how can I add such permissions? Thanks in advance!

OP
banders

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this apps called "Phone disk" that supposedly should miunt the iPad like an USB disk. However, alhough I can see the document files from the explorer I cannot copy the files as it insists on saying that the file cannot be located at the mounted drive. Coming from a PC environment, I must say that Apple seems to make the most basic tasks too complex sometimes.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i actually never had any problem saving files from ipad back to the pc/laptop using file sharing apps in iTunes.
Another option for your case maybe you can use the cloud service sharings such as skydrive or dropbox?

OP
banders

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i actually never had any problem saving files from ipad back to the pc/laptop using file sharing apps in iTunes.
Another option for your case maybe you can use the cloud service sharings such as skydrive or dropbox?

Well, to be more specific I have a lot of PDF documents stored in my Acrobat Reader app where I have highlighted important stuff. It turns out that the file sharing seems to work in the other direction from many other apps but just not Acrobat Reader that is a pain. I suppose there is no way you can assign read permissions?

Most reactions

Latest posts