What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to connect ipad to itune with passcode locked

yeolarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad was disabled and the message on ipad was to connect to itunes. When i connect to itune, itune prompts that "cannot connect to itunes because it was passcode locked. You must enter the passcode on your ipad before you can access itune". Is chicken and egg!!

I went to epicentre and seek for help. They told me that i need to upgrade to itunes 10.1. I did. It still don't work!

Can someone help!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't you have the passcode? Doesn't it have you the option to imput it right on the device?

OP
Y

yeolarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the passcode, but there aren't anyways or prompt on the ipad for me to enter

OP
Y

yeolarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to reset ipad to factory settings without itunes

i don't mind resetting it to factory settings....but would need to do it without itunes since can't connect to itune.

Can someone advise how to reset ipad to factory settings without itunes? Thx!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would reboot your iPad first. Then reinstall a fresh copy of iTunes. If that doesn't work the only thing you can do is just restore it.

OP
Y

yeolarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rebooted many times.....just don't work. Anyways to restore without itunes?

fore1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem...did you resolve?

We are having the same problem where the iPad instruction is to log into itunes, but to log in we have to enter our passward on the iPad to unlock.

Can you share with us how you resolved this issue?

hey.you

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same chicken and egg problem. My iPad is disabled because someone entered the wrong password too many times, and tells me to connect to iTunes. iTunes tells me to unlock the iPad with it's password before connecting to iTunes!

Please tell me someone has figured out how to fix this, or is my iPad going to be just an expensive paperweight?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay:
1. turn the iPad off.
2. Hold home, then connect to iTunes while holding home until a different "Connect to iTunes" screen appears.
3. Restore with iTunes.

(This is a small trick I know and shouldn't be used after stealing someone's else's iDevice, I'm not responsible for similar cases.)

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To steal directly from Apple's website:

If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.

When you get the message "cannot connect to itunes because it was passcode locked. You must enter the passcode on your ipad before you can access itune" - it's because you are trying to connect the iPad to a different computer than the one it last synced with. This is an important step.

So, just plug the iPad into the computer you last synced with. You won't get the notice, the iPad will sync and you can then restore it from backup.

Hope this helps/clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts