What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to connect a smart TV with iPad IV

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new iPad user. I want to connect my iPad with our TV. By the way our TV is not an apple TV. It's a LG. So is it possible. And if so can any one describe its every step. I am not really good with gadget and I don't want to blow up either. Thanks in advance.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest buying an Apple TV $100 you can mirror the iPad plus stream music Picts and movies it works great

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
I suggest buying an Apple TV $100 you can mirror the iPad plus stream music Picts and movies it works great

+1 for this, I have a couple of these and it works perfectly.

The Archangel

kilgerzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dreamerdonkey said:
Hello everyone, I am a new iPad user. I want to connect my iPad with our TV. By the way our TV is not an apple TV. It's a LG. So is it possible. And if so can any one describe its every step. I am not really good with gadget and I don't want to blow up either. Thanks in advance.

What ipad is it ??

kilgerzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dreamerdonkey said:

If its a ipad 1 - ipad 3, you need a HDMI cable, and apple digital AV adapter, and the USB - 30 pin connector cable: plug the HDMI cable into the tv, then plug the other end of the lead into the AV adapter. Then plug the socket charger. ( you got with your ipad) into the wall, Plug in your 30 pin connecter ( just like your going to charge it) then you plug the 30 pin end into the the AV adapter, then plug the AV adapter into your ipad, then turn the tv on

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have adsl or cable with wifi Apple TV is more cost effective period the user has an iPad 4

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Can you please expand on Apple TV? Not familiar.......looked on Apples website but not a lot of detail.
How does it connect from your iPad to the "box".............is it Bluetooth?

Sounds like something I might want to invest in.

Thanks....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Can you please expand on Apple TV? Not familiar.......looked on Apples website but not a lot of detail.
How does it connect from your iPad to the "box".............is it Bluetooth?

Thanks....

It is wireless from the iPad to the Apple TV, then I connect with an HDMI lead.

The Archangel

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys...............sounds like I need to spend some money. :p
Will look good on our 55" LED Samsung.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Thanks guys...............sounds like I need to spend some money. :p
Will look good on our 55" LED Samsung.

If you want to save a little money then check the Apple refurb store at Apple.com, they often have Apple TV's at 15% discount.

The Archangel

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the keys to success with Apple TV is to have good WiFi service. If you have slow WiFi then you will have problems with lag when projecting video and games from your iPad's screen to your TV's screen wirelessly.

I have decent speed and no such issue. The only thing that I feel that Android tablets do better (in my opinion) is that they automatically fill the screen of your TV perfectly since there are in wide screen format whereas the iPad being 4X3 will leave a good chunk of your screen blank on both sides. Yes you can zoom but you'll be losing some quality and or picture off the top of the screen. This does not happen with videos as they play perfectly.

The only fix for this is an app in the jailbreak community which works wonders and allows for all your games, internet, or whatever else you desire to put on the big screen to fit perfectly as well.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the keys to success with Apple TV is to have good WiFi service. If you have slow WiFi then you will have problems with lag when projecting video and games from your iPad's screen to your TV's screen wirelessly.

I have decent speed and no such issue. The only thing that I feel that Android tablets do better (in my opinion) is that they automatically fill the screen of your TV perfectly since there are in wide screen format whereas the iPad being 4X3 will leave a good chunk of your screen blank on both sides. Yes you can zoom but you'll be losing some quality and or picture off the top of the screen. This does not happen with videos as they play perfectly.

The only fix for this is an app in the jailbreak community which works wonders and allows for all your games, internet, or whatever else you desire to put on the big screen to fit perfectly as well.

Good information...
I get consistent 30+ Mbps bandwidth with 7 devices on the same network, so I should be good to go.
Thanks...

Most reactions

Latest posts