What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to clear safari url addresses

fastnfirm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi even after clearing history, cookies etc in settings, there are still url addresses left in Safari that appear in a drop down box when i enter a url that is similar to one i have perviously entered how can i clear them, thanks

OP
fastnfirm

fastnfirm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, went into settings and cleared everything auto complete is off and cleared that too, some url's still showing in the drop down box ???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
fastnfirm said:
thanks, went into settings and cleared everything auto complete is off and cleared that too, some url's still showing in the drop down box ???

No idea then. It could be like Mail and simply have a buffer for recently visited sites. I don't know of any reasonable way to clear it.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't found a way to clear the drop down "prompts", it appears to be another "convenience" feature, like email addresses (see old topics of not being able to clear wrong email addresses). Leaves a little to be desired for "privacy" browsing, and may be annoying at times. I rarely enter addresses manually any more, usually use bookmarks or links from Google searches.

OP
fastnfirm

fastnfirm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i feel pretty silly, found that the annoying url's that wouldn't go away were bookmarks that i set up! duh!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts