What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to clean a leather Smart Cover?

briansc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I've got the cream leather Smart Cover for my iPad, and it got quite dirty around the edges in about one week. Does anyone know to clean both the outside (leather) and inside of the SC? Please don't suggest me names of products because it's unlikely to get them in my country. Thank you!

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just get any old leather cleaner. Car interior stuff is probaly best, or for living room suites

Sent from my iPad 2 32GB White using iPF

chacowalla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a big problem that I hope someone has an idea for solving. I have the red leather cover, and somehow, it got next to a cloth soaked with Howard Feed and Wax wood preserver, and left a small oily spot in the upper left hand corner of the cover. I've got it covered in a thin layer of cornstarch to try and soak up some of the oil. I am just sick about it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to things to try?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't think there's an easy answer Chaco.
I've restored desk leathers in the past and stains are very noticeable.

You're already trying the best method, but you might be better giving the whole surface a light oil wipe to blend the marks in. Once the color's unified the marks disappear.
Follow it up with a light wax (shoe polish would work).

Most reactions

Latest posts