What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change the Apple ID in App Store, to update

felipevask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

That's my situation. I bought an iPad from a friend and he came with his Apple ID. When I download applications from the App Store, I changed his Apple ID to my Apple ID. But when I'll update he returns a different ID than I signed up. How can I change this "update ID" to my ID?

Thank's.

iOS 4.2.3

(Sorry by the english, I hope you can understand) Brasil! ;D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to delete all the apps that were on the iPad when your friend sold it to you. Then, you'll have to re-download all those apps (if you wish), which means you'll have to re-buy the ones that cost money. The ones your friend bought with his ID will always be linked to his ID. The only way around it is to uninstall them and start fresh.

Apps don't go with an iPad on a sale, unless it's the default ones that Apple includes with every iPad.

Marilyn

OP
F

felipevask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I try do this. But it doesn't work. The app is the Dropbox. I'll need delete him, and after download all files again.

Anyone suggest?

Thank's anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts