What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change Apple ID on ipad?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry it was a busy day today, first day back after 2wk break... I'll try to get in touch with you tomorrow. TEXT me!! I'll PM you my number again incase you lost it.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gots your number. You are plugged into my phone.:D I was back to work yesterday from being off for two weeks from my day job!

I was tired.

Read your pm!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK lets try it this way..
first from your laptop/pc go to
MyAppleID and sign on with your new account (the one you changed to from aol).
1.jpg

Once you log in, try clicking on the resend option to resend verification. click SAVE
check your email and follow the directions to verify the new account.
2.jpg

Open iTunes on the PC/laptop. Go to "store" along the top dropdown and click on 'sign out" then after signing out sign back in and go back to the store drop down along the top and "authorize" the pc. check for downloads from the same drop down area.

Now go to your ipad, go to settings and click on "Store" then "Sign Out". power off your ipad and power back on. go back to settings/store and sign in with your new ID. Close screen. go back in and click on View Apple ID make sure everythign looks right. click DONE. Check for your updates. When you get an update popup to sign in be sure it's showing your new ID in the link.

IF not.... go back to step one (see second picture) and instead of "resend" choose the EDIT and input your new/same email and click save changes.
3.jpg

continue with the rest of the steps. This SHOULD get you the proper popup for app updates on your ipad.

It could be a problem that you came from AOL id... but should be fine if you've "authorized" and "verified".

The only other idea I have is maybe you created a "NEW" ID rather than CHANGING your ID. But, if that was the case then you should be able to use the old password for the popups that show your first ID. Or the new password if you simply ADDED another email to the same account.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Now go to your ipad, go to settings and click on "Store" then "Sign Out". power off your ipad and power back on. go back to settings/store and sign in with your new ID. Close screen. go back in and click on View Apple ID make sure everythign looks right. click DONE. Check for your updates. When you get an update popup to sign in be sure it's showing your new ID in the link.

IF not.... go back to step one (see second picture) and instead of "resend" choose the EDIT and input your new/same email and click save changes."

Okay, Brenn ~ I did all steps through iTunes, and now I am turning on iPad...

Say a Prayer, woman.

Brb

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay woman....checking for my updates...

I'm scared!

It didn't work, Brenn. Apple ID is still old AOL ID. Crapums. I have so many updates now:(

I really need to call Apple ~ What if they can't fix it? I will never be able to update anything!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you forget the part about signing out of your account on the ipad? Also try syncing with itunes before signing back in on the ipad

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I followed your instructions to a tee. AND I did sync iPad back to itunes.

Trust me. I have every step imaginable imprinted on my brain. ;)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try logging in to myappleid.com on the AOL and then going through the change again.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean on the AOL? Use the AOL address that is stuck on my Ipad?

I have tried that and it tells me "this ID has been disabled" And it has. I deleted it every where, even AOL.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arggh!

Well, as I said take it to the apple store and let them figure it out. I can't remember if you tried this but did you try just putting in the NEW password even though it shows the old ID"

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. I can't remember if you tried this but did you try just putting in the NEW password even though it shows the old ID"

LOL! I can't recall some of the steps I have taken either! But I did try that one.

I am suppose to go to the mall today ~ but so far ~ not lookin too good.:D

computerbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison,

I am having the same issue! My iPad was stolen about a week and a half ago. I changed every account I could think of. Now my new iPad will not update the apple id in the iPad! It is set everywhere else. I am anxious to see if you get an answer. Please post it. I emailed tech support, but still waiting for reply.

To the person that stated updates are overrated. Yeah, they may be. But what if I want to purchase new ones. I am paralyzed right now. Apple!!! Fix it!!!!

computerbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple ID problem - answer

SweetPoison!!!!

OK, I received a response from support. Here is what I found out including my original post to Apple for help:

"Greetings from iTunes Store Customer Support. This is Harshal and I am glad to assist you with your request.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your previously purchased applications.

I did a little investigating and found that you have multiple iTunes accounts:

1) [email protected]
2) [email protected]

Please note that applications can only be downloaded or updated by the account that originally purchased them. The original purchase of application was made with the account "[email protected]".

If you are unsure about which account was used to purchase a particular item, follow the steps in this article to review your account's purchase history:

Seeing your iTunes Store purchase history and order numbers
(URL) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the item does not appear in the Purchase History, then it may be on another account. Choose Sign Out from the Store menu and then repeat the steps in the article for the other account.

You are a valued iTunes Store customer and your satisfaction is of the utmost importance.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Harshal Vakil
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work from Sunday to Thusday, 9PM-6AM CST.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Customer First Name : xxxx
Customer Last Name : xxxx
email : xxxxxxxxxx
Web Order # :
Support Subject : Express Lane inquiry
Sub Issue : undefined
See additional info below
OS version: Windows 7
iTunes version: iTunes 10.1
iTunes account name:xxxxxxx
Item title:
Details:
I am unable to access the app store. I changed my Apple ID because my iPad was stolen. This is a new one. ID is correct everywhere on my iPad, on my iTunes, etc. But when I try to update apps, it asks for password verification. I can enter that, but the ID is pre-filled and it won't let me fix it. I cannot find in settings where to fix it, because it is correct there. This has persisted even after syncing. I am at a loss. Please help. I have 42 updates waiting!!!
Thank you."

Most reactions