What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change Apple ID on ipad?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About 200 times, woman. In fact I just tried it again, as I have so many updates.:(

I should just call Apple back but I don't feel like explaining the entire story right now.

Gosh, if anyone in the whole wide forum here has a solution you would be my BFF forever. Now that may not seem like a big deal, but to some it is.:D

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
changing apple ID

I changed my Apple ID in iTunes and all is well there, finally, but I still can't update my apps on iPad, as it still has my old Apple ID.

I changed everything in Settings too.

Any suggestions?

You said you changed your apple ID but you didn't say how. I can't connect to the internet b/c no matter what password I use, it says its wrong, been trying for 2 weeks to find out how to erace a password/code
Trying to connect to wifi but it asks me for a whole bunch of things I have no idea how to find like: IP, subnet mask, Router, DNS, Search Domains, Client ID, and Http proxy
Does anyone know how to locate this info?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my Apple ID in iTunes and all is well there, finally, but I still can't update my apps on iPad, as it still has my old Apple ID.

I changed everything in Settings too.

Any suggestions?

You said you changed your apple ID but you didn't say how. ?

Sorry about that. I went to iTunes and followed all necessary links and it took me to iforgot.apple.com, something like that. To make a long story short, and trust me it was hella long ~ I just kept going around in circles with different pages within Apple and iTunes.

It wanted my OLD ID, to continue, but according to itunes and Apple, that didn't exist anymore. :mad:

So ultimately, I called Apple and got a very cool person who spent over an hour on the phone with me and we walked through it all!

But we hung up too quick, as I can't update. Even though my new ID is in settings on the ipad and when I purchase. But not in the update box. And I have learned not to purchase anymore apps, as they need to be updated and so I am double screwed.:(

I need to call Apple and have them help me again. You call them too! The number to do this is in Contact/Support page in iTunes.

Good Luck!

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't connect to the internet b/c no matter what password I use, it says its wrong, been trying for 2 weeks to find out how to erace a password/code
Trying to connect to wifi but it asks me for a whole bunch of things I have no idea how to find like: IP, subnet mask, Router, DNS, Search Domains, Client ID, and Http proxy
Does anyone know how to locate this info?

LoveRem36, sounds like you have a different issue to SweetPoison. You're looking for the correct password to your WiFi. A friend of mine (wink wink) wrote down his password incorrectly when he first installed his wireless router. When the time came to type it in again he was stuck.

He solved his issue by ringing the company that he bought his router from.

SweetPoison, sorry about the hassles you're having.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie, on your itunes on your laptop or wherever how are you logged in? via new ID? deauthorize and reauthorize the PC/itunes with your new ID and then plug in your ipad to sync and transfer apps, then see if you can do the update.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie, on your itunes on your laptop or wherever how are you logged in? via new ID?

Yes ~ new ID.

deauthorize and reauthorize the PC/itunes with your new ID and then plug in your ipad to sync and transfer apps, then see if you can do the update.

I think I did this ~ but worth a try again. I also thought of deleting all apps on my ipad then downloading them again.

But remember, Brenn, when I did that before due to itunes not playing nice and taking days to sync, so I uninstalled itunes and reinstalled it....

I never got all my apps back because I forgot what they all were! lol!:eek:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah and you lose your settings and saves when you do that too....so that is last resort! But try what I said just to see if that helps. I know I had a hiccup when I swapped emails (which is what I use for id) but it worked out really easy, I just don't remember what that was because, yes, apple website had a convoluted way to change out the username/id

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought just now I found a solution!! But it didn't work.:(. I noticed in contacts my old ID/email was still there. So I went to change it.

Don't know what in the hell contact info would have to do with the app update box sign in thingy, but stranger things have happened.

But I guess not this time.:(

I have so many app updates now.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
start over, change your id again, but change it to your new id. see if you see any steps you missed.

Bigjester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to go to itunes app and do a full restore and at the end of the restore it will ask you want a backup or new ipad restore .....new ipad option will make it look like you just took it out of the box.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to go to itunes app and do a full restore and at the end of the restore it will ask you want a backup or new ipad restore .....new ipad option will make it look like you just took it out of the box.

This is a great suggestion, but I don't think that iTunes has anything to do with this. My new ID is IN iTunes. They recognize it. That is not the problem:(

The iPad recognizes it too. Just not when I update apps.

But who in the hell knows at this point. You could be right. I keep thinking someone will come from somewhere and just have the simple answer.

start over, change your id again, but change it to your new id. see if you see any steps you missed.

Might not be a bad idea. Except I do not recall all the steps as they took me around and around so bad, I had to call Apple and have them walk me through it.

I need time to call them tomorrow....

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm if I have time tomorrow I'll text you and maybe I can walk you through it with a phone call. There has to be a simple step that is overlooked. Like I said, for me there was something not working then I did a duh and it worked.. I WISH I could recall what I did but I was basically fumbling around.

Most reactions