What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to backup GoodReader documents

SpeedyRocketeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have hundreds of documents on my iPad 1 under GoodReader. I want to back up those documents over the net or my desktop so that I do not lose them by accidentla deletion. I am on iOs 4. So iCloud is no option for me. Whats easy way to keep backing up those docs.

Reactions: RKF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to right this long, convoluted post on transferring documents from Goodreader. Mainly, to discuss moving documents to your computer or the cloud.

Then, in my research/prep, I came across this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/10711-goodreader-tips.html

It seems to have all the answers you're looking for. So, maybe it'll help?

Good luck.

Marilyn

jhall124

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GoodReader as well. I copy all my documents to a folder in my Dropbox account then sync that folder from GoodReader.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sync my Goodreader files with my NAS drive via local FTP. Both on iPad and iPhone. I sync once a week generally or as needed. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

MarionSnowdon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you set up an FTP on your computer? I've been trying to find instructions for this, as I'm also wanting to backup all my files that I've annotated with Goodreader.

Most reactions