What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to back up the entire Ipad

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After I jailbreak, I will want to back up the entire file system, What are some recommended tools? Can I install an ftp server, log in form my pc and get everything?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For stock iPad stuff, use iTunes to back up the iPad. For jail break tweaks and settings, I use PKGBackup (~$7.99, USD). It's a great program that I've used many times to put my iPad back the way it was. You can save your backups on the iPad or in the cloud (Dropbox). There are others but this is the one I use.

Between these two programs, iTunes and PKGBacup, I've been successfully running my iPad for over a year and a half. Havent lost anything yet (knock on wood).

Of course, and as always, YMMV. Good luck.

Marilyn

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Mickey330 said:
For stock iPad stuff, use iTunes to back up the iPad. For jail break tweaks and settings, I use PKGBackup (~$7.99, USD). It's a great program that I've used many times to put my iPad back the way it was. You can save your backups on the iPad or in the cloud (Dropbox). There are others but this is the one I use.

Between these two programs, iTunes and PKGBacup, I've been successfully running my iPad for over a year and a half. Havent lost anything yet (knock on wood).

Of course, and as always, YMMV. Good luck.

Marilyn

Wow... Wish I would have seen this post when I first did my jb. For some reason unknown, a pic of lebron James appeared and floated onto my ipad2 then froze. When I rebooted it, my entire jb was gone AND the jb apps icons where there but inoperable. My safari wouldn't work either. Just crashed everytime I tried to use it. So I restored from iTunes knowing I would lose my jb. I didn't know I could have purchased an app to help me preserve all my cool jb tweaks. Uggggghhhh!

I'm deciding on if I want to jb again or not and redo all my stuff. :-(. :-(. :-(.

Most reactions

Latest posts